Comments on Raul Cuero's Interview


The way that Raul Cuero approaches life is inspiring. Cuero has overcome so much criticism against him to achieve the intellectual growth he had always dreamed. The way he used basic items as a child, such as roaches, to expand his creative thinking is revolutionary. All of the advise Cuero gave about collaboration with others, not being afraid to fail, and connecting with nature connects all people not matter what their background. I agree with everything he said about how children today are spending too much time indoors and not interacting with others which is stunting creative growth. Furthermore, Ceuro mentioned that adults have problems with creativity as well.

Watching this interview made me think about my life and connected Cuero's examples of problems that adults have in creativity to my life. When Cuero talked about people being afraid to fail this relates to my life. I regularly feel afraid to fail in my school work. The fear regularly blocks my judgement to use different and creative ways to get around the problems at hand. Also when Cuero talks about the problems in American education and how people think they need to go to school to only learn the information for a specific job.  I sometimes find myself thinking that only my science courses will help me in my career as a Marine Biologist. Although, I should really open my mind and use all of the courses I am taking and creatively connect them to Marine Biology. With these simple ways of thinking they will help me expand my intellectual development.

Everyone should think about the way they approach life and use Cuero's advise everyday to improve. Even though there may be challenges against you we all can find creative ways to overcome them and be better. Never let anything keep you from achieving your goals. Raul Cuero is an incredible example of how even though he had very little, with creativity and perseverance he became a intelligent and successful scientist changing the world we know into a better place. By using Cuero's thought process in my life I could expand my knowledge and become an excellent Marine Biologist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art Project

Final Project- Coral Reefs

Flipbook Project- The Poison Apple