Broadway- Angel de Quinta'a Stage Door Blog

This blog had a large range of posts about broadway shows that dated all the way back to 2011. Angel de Quinta's blog really shows you all the different types of shows that have been produced over the history of Broadway. Unfortunately, I have not been able to see many Broadway shows and hope to see more in the future. The only Broadway shows I have see are Wicked and The Lion King. After looking through the blog there were 3 shows that stuck out to me.

Hair was one of the musicals that stuck out to me in this blog. Even though I have never seen this show I have heard about this show from my parents. The time period that the show was written is very influential in history. Quinta talks about how this show gave the country a new light after all of the deaths that were occurring in the country. I watched the video clip on the blog and in the one scene the way the lighting changed made the set pieces seem as thought they were changing even though the were not. This technology helped distinguish different scenes even though no actual set pieces moved off of the stage. I am not sure if this production is still played on Broadway but I would love to go see Hair. 

In high school, one of our spring musicals was, Guys and Dolls. That is why this musical is one of my favorites even though I have not seen a professional Broadway production. The musical is so lively and vibrant. In the two videos on the blog the back set piece seems to stay the same throughout most of the musical. You can see how the technology has changed through the years. The vibrant lighted set piece in the background gives the show character. With upgraded electric set pieces gives the production a extra feature that shows how much the technology has improved. Hopefully one day I can go see a Broadway Guys and Dolls production.

Lastly, I am a huge Disney fan and I have always wanted to see a Broadway production of, Aladdin. Since this show is currently play on Broadway today there is certainly advanced technology compared to Hair which was many years ago. In short video trailer I watched from the blog there were amazing set pieces. The way they can make the carpet fly in the air and using the smoke the light effects really makes it seem as though Aladdin and Jasmine flying across the stage. Theses enhancements with technology has made Broadway such and incredible experience like no other. I hope to one day get to see Aladdin, it is next on my list of Broadway shows to see!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art Project

Final Project- Coral Reefs

Flipbook Project- The Poison Apple