Performance Art Project




Artists Statement:
"Are you wearing a masks?" is the performance art pieces I did for this project. People should think about what kinds of theoretical masks they put up to the outside world. We all have them no matter is big are small. Everyone shields who they really are at first until you gain enough trust to show who you are. I unfortunately didn't get very many reaction with my performance just stares. Hopefully all that walked by started to think about what the statement, Do you wear a mask?, means to them. 

Favorite Performance Artist:
Performance art is about putting yourself out there to a large crowd to get their attention. The reason for getting this attention could be for many different reasons but in all are trying to portray a certain message. This is what connects all performance artists. Lana Del Rey is my favorite musician, all of her performances are unique. I have been to 2 of her performances and what is the best part is when she tells stories. Telling these stories helps connect the audience with her music to see the meaning behind the music and what message she is trying to send.
 Next, one of my favorite videos from class was the singing flash mob in the mall around the holiday season. If I were there when this happened I would of beamed with happiest. Their performance excited the food court and spread the love and joy of the holidays. Furthermore, Banksy is an incredible street artist. I watched "Exit through the gift shop" in my art form and idea class last year and it was incredible to see all the pieces that he puts together. His pieces are different and defy what all normal people do. He breaks the laws to display his art each having a meaning to him that he wants so share with the world. Art is meaningful to all but performing art takes guts. 
Having that much confidence to do create pieces that touch so many people is a lot of hard work and I commend them. This is what these performing artists have in common, spreading emotions and messages to the world. Each of them perform their talents wanting to connect with their audiences. By making these connects allows them to show who they are to you and spread their meaning. These performing artists to me are unique and personally I love finding those connections with art which truly shows. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flipbook Project- The Poison Apple

Final Project- Coral Reefs