ASCII Art

This website has such a large amount of ASCII art. There was a about 23 folders with multiple  subfolders in each full of the ACII art. You can tell a lot of time if must of went into this website to create all the different pieces. Each one of the figures had such great detail. It is crazy to think that the artist was only using letters and symbols on their keyboard.

The folders that stuck out to me was the people and nature. I can't even begin to imagine trying to create such detailed pictures in this medium. The some of the people the artist had done, have incredibly exact detail in the shading. Some of the pictures look so realistic even though they are two demential letters and symbols. In the nature folder, under astronomy one of the planets appears three demential and I absolutely love it. Also, I loved the way the artist used the white as the foreground in some of the pieces and the letters/symbols as the dark background. This technique gave the pictures volume.

Creating all of these pieces must of needed lots of planning before hand. Trying to figure out which letters and symbols created darker shades and which created lighter shading. I think it would be fun to learn how to create art like this. Another one of my favorite folders was the movie folder. I am a huge disney fan so seeing all the disney character made in the ASCII art was fun. If I learned how create this type of art I would defiantly create some more disney characters.

Website: http://chris.com/ascii/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art Project

Final Project- Coral Reefs

Flipbook Project- The Poison Apple